Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cuddle bug

Before I tell my story you have to know a few things. I had a dog before Ricky and I got married and he wasn't against having one he just didn't want one right away because we are newly weds and newly weds don't need that kind of responsibility so when my sister was moving and couldn't take Lucy (my dog) with her he wasn't very keen on the idea. He set two ground rules for me the night we picked her up 1: She is NOT sleeping in our bed and 2: he was not taking care of her she was my responsibility. I said fine. The first night I tried to make her sleep in her kennel but ever since I have had her she has slept in my bed. (That's right I am a pushover and can't stand to hear her cry.) She cried and barked for an hour and a half. Every time I thought she would stop she would hear one of us move and would start right back up again. I grabbed her and put her in the bed and Ricky said "just for tonight she can't sleep here tomorrow." Ever since that first night she has slept in our bed. It took Ricky a couple of days to warm up to her and maybe a week or two before he told me he loved her and that he liked having her.

On to the reason I am writing this post there have been numerous times like this but it was the first I thought to grab my camera and take a picture. I walked into our bedroom the other night and found the two of them cuddled up together. Lucy was sleeping and Ricky was reading his book. They looked so cute there and my heart just melted when I saw them. So here is the picture after all that blabbing.



1 comment:

tatum said...

that is cute! you guys are going to be good parents.....but i think your going to have a full bed. =) lol, don't worry, my bed is full of little ones too. =) i just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for coming over tonight and visiting me first and second for giving me that gift, you really didn't have to do that, i thought it was just a card, so i was really shocked AND excited. thank yo so much, that was really thoughtful and sweet. so glad you guys moved into our ward, can't wait for our game night......hope your christmas is merry. thanks again for thinking of me.