Saturday, October 11, 2008

Allergies

This past year has been the worst year ever for my allergies. I have never been so stuffed up, itchy, and just plain miserable. After suffering for months I finally listened to Ricky and went to the doctor to be tested. It wasn't much of a surprise when I tested positive to almost everything. I always have my camera with me so Ricky took some pictures so I could see what my back looked like. Have you ever seen a bear rubbing it's back against a tree? You could say I wanted to do just that. If you have never been tested for allergies here is how it works. They take a solution and put a drop of it on your back then they prick you with a needle and wait for a reaction, if any.


This is what happened right afte she has just finished poking my back.

A few minutes after that.

This was ten minutes after she has poked me. They told me that they usually wait 20 minutes to read the results but at ten minutes I was ready.

The final result. By this point I was itching like crazy. The medical assistant put some cortizone cream on but it didn't kick in for about twenty minutes. If I was ever in the torture business you can bet I would use this.

3 comments:

Sarah Holman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Holman said...

Amy

I am sorry that I made fun of you for all those years when we would go to RR and you would order your meal sans the melon cus you were ALLERGIC.

Anywho, cute blog... hope you post more often...

tatum said...

oh my gosh! i could just die........that looks so painful! at first before i read it i thought you had acupuncture gone bad. hope you never have to be tested again. i am so glad i found our blog and so glad you guys came over the other day.....i'm excited for our game night. hope your turkey day was relaxing. =)